Featured Mumpreneur: Melissa Haggerty of Fab Fit Pantyhose

Are you fed up with uncomfy tights? Over shapewear pantyhose that squeezes you so tight you can barely breathe? Or irritated by tights that dig into your waist leaving you with a bulging muffin top? 


You’re not the only one! But now there is a solution! 


Melissa Haggerty is the creator of Fab Fit Pantyhose. She spent years searching for tights that would look stylish and feel comfortable all day long. Every product she tried let her down so she decided to design her own! She wanted pantyhose that were extra long in the body with a soft but firm elastic top to make sure they stay in place and don’t roll down when you walk or sit. They had to be completely opaque to look and feel sexy so she made them 100 denier. The main thing is she wanted a smooth, flattering silhouette under a fitted dress but without having to squeeze into shapewear. 


Fab Fit Pantyhose are the answer. They are unlike anything else on the market because they give that smooth line we all want but without feeling like we’ve got a boa constrictor wrapped around us! Let’s face it, we don’t need to try to squash our bodies into uncomfortable “shapewear” that makes us feel unsexy and uncomfortable. We want a smooth look and to feel comfortable. 


 Melissa has a Marketing background but had never designed or manufactured her own product before. She had to specify her design, have a pattern created, find and brief a reliable Australian manufacturer and then ensure the final product met her high standard of design and quality. She then had to work out what to call her product and develop costeffective but attractive packaging and distribution of her Fab Fit Pantyhose. 


Melissa took her idea from concept to reality in less than a year...while working full-time! She said “I had a few different product ideas and I knew I wanted to create my own business but I didn’t quite know how to get started. I met with a business coach who helped me figure out what I needed to do and then I did it. I didn’t want to give up my job because I still had to pay the bills plus I needed to prove that my idea would work.” 


I’m now working on expanding the range to include footless tights and different colour options. It’s great working on my own business idea instead of just working on great ideas for my clients! My goal is to continue to grow the business and to become the number one high waisted pantyhose and tights brand in Australia. Fab Fit Pantyhose launched on Channel Ten’s The Circle and had a great response. The hosts even tried them and loved them! 


You can now buy Fab Fit Pantyhose online from the website www.fabfitpantyhose.com.au They come in packs of two so you’ve always got one to wear while the other is in the wash! Melissa is offering members of Connect2Mums a special promotion price of $29.95 for two pairs - that’s $10 off the normal price. On checkout, use the promotion code 'Connect2Mums'
Website: www.fabfitpantyhose.com.au
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FabFitTights
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails