Friday Feature Mum: Kathleen Ho of Matilda Jane Lingerie & Sleepwear

Kathleen Ho of Matilda Jane Lingerie & Sleepwear
My name is Kathy and I was born and raised in Sydney. I am married to a wonderful man and am Mum to two adult teenagers. Having worked for many years in the public sector, this is my first foray into business and, needless to say, it's been quite a challenge. Why lingerie? Because it's like a delicious little secret that says a lot about you but very few, if any, will ever know. Now that I've been trading for a few months, I have had the opportunity to identify what are some of the market gaps in lingerie in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs and am developing strategies to tackle them. Fortunately, I have some wonderful agents and mentors who have provided me with lots of information, ideas and encouragement. Lingerie is one of those niche areas of the fashion industry that isn't subject to seasonal whims but is all about everyday comfort, well most of the time anyway. In addition to lingerie, I also carry sleepwear as the two areas complement each other. The brands I carry are all Australian owned and use quality fabrics and Australian sizing measurements. There is still so much more to learn but the journey so far has been an incredible eye opener. Please feel free to look at my website and products and any feedback would be most welcome. Away from work, my hobbies are knitting, sewing and gardening and, when time permits, I also run to keep fit.

Visit www.matildajane.com.au
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails