Friday Feature Mumpreneur

Meet Loula Tarenidis of Childrens Lighting

Childrens Lighting is a fairly new family owned business inspired by bright and exciting products to help lighten up children’s bedrooms. Our products are fun, colourful and more importantly unique. They are an affordable addition to the design of all children’s bedrooms without compromising on quality or style.


The business took life when we ourselves found that there was not much to choose from in relation to ceiling and pendant lights for our children’s bedrooms, Australia wide. We wanted inexpensive but beautiful designs to liven up our children’s rooms without having to compromise on the overall look.


With 3 beautiful children of my own, Anastasia 5, George 4 and Peter 21 months, I want to brighten up their rooms with minimal cost. This was the thinking behind starting the business. Having a husband who is an electrician also made the decision easier. I was so excited when John and I finally decided to go ahead with the idea. Something I can do from home. I didn’t have to compromise the time I spend with my kids and I could certainly choose the hours I wanted to work. Well sometimes the hours choose me but I work around all that.


 I have found the work steadily flows in, and I can manage my day around school, kinder, dancing & swimming. I love the excitement that each day brings. How many orders, what have the clients chosen to brighten up their children’s room? How big is that smile going be on the little one’s face when they open that package? To think that a little boy could have a helicopter high in the air lighting up his room.


After working as a Team Manager for an insurance company for 7 years, I decided that going back to the office and having to leave my children in childcare was just not a lifestyle I wanted. Peek hour traffic, endless meetings, targets and deadlines to meet, in a job that was not really inspiring me, was not something I wanted to wake up to every day.


Instead I wake up to my children, to work that I love and interacting with other people who just like me are inspired by things that we love.


Childrens Lighting is slowly building into a nice little business that I hope will grow into something big and magical. I want to offer our clients as many different designs as possible. I want the imagination to run wild so that every child can look up in their room and smile at the bright light, be it a plane, flowers or a gorgeous animal!










Check out Loula's great range of lights at http://www.childrenslighting.com.au/

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails