Featured Mumpreneur: Bec Gange of Pretty Well Covered

Hi, I’m Bec Gange, owner of Pretty Well Covered – stylish and discreet breastfeeding coverlets. I’m a WAHM to two gorgeous boys. I’m a trained teacher and left my teaching career when my first child was due.

When he was born in July 2007, I began breastfeeding. I struggled in the first few weeks and nearly gave up, but I needed and wanted to continue. I had many bouts of mastitis but fought to keep feeding. I found a surprising passion for breastfeeding that I hadn’t expected to have.

Pretty Well Covered was launched in 2008 by a close friend of mine. As a mum of three breastfeeding her third child, she saw the need for a stylish and practical breastfeeding cover. I’ve been operating Pretty Well Covered since December 2010. The business continues to grow within Australia and internationally. We have friends in 15 countries around the world, and have sold our coverlets in throughout Australia and in the Philippines, Canada, the UK and New Zealand.

Our coverlets are popular because they are a fashionable alternative to wearing a blanket, wrap or nursing apron while feeding. The over-the-head coverlet has no clips, buttons or ties, making it so simple to use. With its sheer fabric it provides coverage for discreet breastfeeding which keeps you cool and comfortable. It’s easy to use, easy to store, and can also be used as a pregnancy poncho, pram cover or baby wrap. Our coverlets are available in 5 colours – purple, teal, vintage rose, coral stripe, and black/white stripe (new stock of latter 3 colours arriving in Jan 2012).

I’m passionate about breastfeeding, and passionate about giving mothers the ability to choose whether covering is right for them and their baby. I don’t believe that mothers should have to cover; but as a breastfeeding mum I chose to cover. I didn’t want my post-baby tummy and sides on display!

Wearing a coverlet doesn’t remove the boding moments that breastfeeding can bring – you can still maintain eye contact with your baby. I’m blessed to have a great husband who works hard so I can be at home with my boys. I’m very thankful that I have the best of both worlds – the ability to be a stay at home mum, and the ability to run a business I love! I’d love to hear from you with any feedback or enquiries you have!
http://www.prettywellcovered.com.au/
www.facebook.com/prettywellcovered

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails